Tuesday 20 March 2012

Imperfection--->I'm perfection. . .

I can't say that I am health conscious but I have always been thin. I've come a long way and proud to say I have accepted my body.


From a young age I've noticed that, I was skinnier than the rest of my friends and family. Everyone around me seemed to have voluptuous figures, curves and big butt and guys loved that.


Going my teens I rarely got asked out, and if I did get asked out I felt unworthy, and lacked self confidence and the relationship would fizzle-out, that affected my self-esteem really badly. Being constantly reminded that you were skinny was the worse.


Every time someone spoke about weight, it felt like they were talking about me, even when friends made comments or jokes about skinny people, I'd laugh but on the inside it would bother me.


Through-out my childhood and a bit of my adulthood I stopped wearing shorts, minis and anything I felt revealed my figure, never mind showed off my legs.


Reading through Cosmopolitan (March 2012, Vol 29, NO. 1, Body Love, page 141-143)  recently opened my eyes and and confirmed what I now  believe in, that  obsessing about imperfections only distract you from important things.


Who knew that I , Thabile Nxumalo would wear the shortest short in public and not be fazed by the negative comments only take positive comments.


I am skinny petite and I LOVE my body unconditionally, anyway if I don't, who will. . .


Here are some celebrities, people who are petite. . .


 
Julia Sarr Jamois 
one of My Role Model and I think we are about the same weight

 

Angelina Jolie with her children
She is always losing and gaining weight


 

Local girl Bonang Matheba 
She look secure in her skin, she wears the most shortest skirts, short and look super HOOT on them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.